Cool Hand Luke
- buy from $9.99
- rent from $1.99
Tomatometer®reviews counted: 8see all Cool Hand Luke reviews
Top Critic Reviews
Fresh: Newman remains watchable and glamorous throughout, bloody, muddy or coated in torso-flattering sweat, but the film's efforts to sentimentally "humanize" him by psychological revelation are clumsy.
- Bill Weber, Slant Magazine, Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Fresh: The lines and the character have survived the film's oft-forgotten actual message.
- Chris Cabin, Filmcritic.com, Saturday, October 18, 2008
Fresh: Anchored by Paul Newman's thoroughly magnetic performance...
- David Nusair, Reel Film Reviews, Wednesday, July 7, 2010
A solid prison film with some great performances from Paul Newman and George Kennedy. Well worth watching.
- rjayhutchinson, Friday, July 30, 2010
Incredible in every way. Paul Newman was amazing and Luke is one of my favorite characters. The story has such a powerful message about independence an hope. It's not just a prison movie, I wouldn't even classify it as that. It's a character piece, period. It shows you the soul of a man and never lets you forget it.
- ythelastman89, Thursday, January 7, 2010