House on Haunted Hill (1959)
- buy from $9.99
- rent from $1.99
Tomatometer®reviews counted: 9see all House on Haunted Hill (1959) reviews
Top Critic Reviews
Fresh: As campy fun, this one is timeless, expertly executed and still delivers its fey thrills and worldly laughs.
- Dennis Schwartz, Ozus' World Movie Reviews, Thursday, June 24, 2010
Fresh: Still a classic after the wretched remake, Price's horror film is still fun, even during the cheesy climax.
- Felix Vasquez Jr., Film Threat, Thursday, June 24, 2010
Fresh: A meticulous homage to Clovis Trouille
- Fernando F. Croce, CinePassion, Thursday, June 24, 2010
An impressive-looking and casted late-50's horror flick. It's got a great murder mystery and is filled with devious atmosphere. Some of the characters are over-the-top, but Vincent Price is superb as the wicked haunted house host. There are some nice pay-offs, but it seems to end too quickly. See the richly detailed colorized version if you can get your hands on it.
- YosemiteSamFan, Thursday, January 24, 2008
I caught this on TV a few years ago. Unfortunately the "scares" in this are more likely to make you laugh. Vincent Price does give a great performance though.
- Deano78, Monday, July 23, 2007