- buy from $11.99
- rent from $3.99
Tomatometer®reviews counted: 11see all Limelight reviews
Top Critic Reviews
Fresh: The movie was produced by Jen Gatien, its subject's daughter, so its agenda should be fairly obvious. But it's an engrossing story nonetheless.
- J. R. Jones, Chicago Reader, Thursday, October 13, 2011
Fresh: As a trippy, trifling memorial to a time before its eponymous club was a mini-mall and rave culture a woozy memory, "Limelight" delivers the messed-up goods.
- Jeannette Catsoulis, New York Times, Thursday, September 22, 2011
Fresh: Transporting as it is, this doc leaves a bad taste in your mouth, if just for the ill will it drudges up.
- Joe Neumaier, New York Daily News, Friday, September 23, 2011
If you grew up in NYC in the 90's this is a film for you about the rise and fall of Peter Gatien and the Limelight night club
- fb100000196560296, Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Great documentary about club owner Peter Gatien, whose career also paralleled the rise of the rave and drug culture in NYC, which makes for an interesting time capsule look into that time period. Good stuff, recommended.
- kingmob6, Monday, January 14, 2013