We Bought a Zoo
- buy from $6.99
special offer$6.99 Movies
Family film tackles grief with humor and deep empathy.
what parents need to know
what families can talk about
Tomatometer®reviews counted: 20see all We Bought a Zoo reviews
Top Critic Reviews
Fresh: The film is sweet. Its observations of life in the aftermath of death ring true, especially for anyone who's traveled the contours of mourning.
- Amy Biancolli, San Francisco Chronicle, Thursday, December 22, 2011
Fresh: "We Bought a Zoo" provides a welcome seasonal dash of wholesomeness and humor, but it's also a heartening celebration of second acts, even at their most unwelcome.
- Ann Hornaday, Washington Post, Friday, December 23, 2011
Fresh: While not quite Crowe at his absolute best, it carries his humanistic imprint and benefits from a strong acting ensemble that keep emotions in check.
- Betsy Sharkey, Los Angeles Times, Thursday, December 22, 2011
This has a pretty rad title, and who can resist a movie about (semi-domesticated) wild creatures transforming a dysfunctional family?
- janna, Monday, November 29, 2010
This was okay to watch once. Drags on a bit, but story is nice and cast are good.
- romy861, Saturday, December 1, 2012